Thursday, September 14, 2006

New Art!

In keeping with my personal commitment to create at least one art piece per month, I would now like to "catch up" for this year by posting the following pieces, which can be now collectively be found on my Feri Tradition Gallery. In addition to these, I have also added a Witchboard category to my online gallery that contains the talkingboards that I have designed for Carnivalia.

But without further delay, I am proud to present...

The Guardians of the Feri Tradition:
       
Click each for more info or to purchase.

I am selling both the original paintings, as well as signed prints. These are currently hanging in my temple with directional altars underneath. This was a really fun projects despite being in an unfamiliar medium for me. (Note that I hardly had anything else in my Paintings category before this.) I will likely be doing more Guardian projects in the future. For those of you keeping track these paintings are loosely based on some little sculptures that I did of the Guardians several years ago that I then photographed and turned into a collection on my website, as well as into LiveJournal icons (see above).

After these new pieces were complete, I decided it might be fun to incorporate them all together into one digital image, so in addition to the above I present, "All Four Stars are One" (and the cover for the upcoming Witch Eye #14):

Comments are always welcome.

13 comments:

carnivalia said...

Hurray! Great job, Storm.

southernpm said...

I really like them all. You did a great job. The combined images for the Witch Eye cover are is really cool.

elorie said...

Those are very cool :)
btw, speaking of Witch Eye, let me know what issue you're planning to put my IP/PP prayer in....

yezida said...

Storm, I love your art. A lot. So I was so looking forward to seeing what cool stuff you were going to come up with here and am a little surprised to see you using Gabriel's imagery as starting points for your pieces... Just my own personal take on the matter, as I know many people down line from him use those images. And nonetheless, your takes on them are cool. I especially like Heaven Shiner, Fire in the Earth and Guardian of the Gates.
I still need to purchase one of your peacock portraits. Yummy! And are you still working on your deck? I liked those images, too.

faerywolf said...

I'm hoping that it's going in this next one, actually... I'll keep you posted. (Do you have a title for it, BTW?)

faerywolf said...

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me.
As for the images... Yes... I am downline from him and so these were the original images that I was taught (or close enough.) With this project I wanted to depict what was transmitted to me as a sort of teaching tool. With my next Guardian project I will depict them more as they come to me personally... probably more of an abstract set.
Yes... I am still (slowly) working on the tarot project... I hope to have another one posted in the next few days. (Keep your fingers crossed for me.) Hopefully this will light a fire under my butt so that I can get more done. I'm glad you like them! :)

elorie said...

Not really. I keep calling it "that poem-prayer thingy I wrote". Er. As a creative writing professor of mine suggested, I need to go to Title School.

faerywolf said...

Title School
:)
Well, then may I suggest something as obscure as "The Invocation of the Pentacles"?

royalbananafish said...

I would love a t-shirt with Guardian of the Gates on it. Yummy!

elorie said...

Re: Title School
I don't know about THE invocation. One might invoke them any number of ways, including with pancake syrup. But AN Invocation, etc. would work...

joad77 said...

Very nice. I saw them at work this afternoon and was just speechless at how wonderful the art work is. I think I had a real need to see the Gaurdians like this. Very powerful. Thanks for posting them.

gothicsquish said...

I very much like ShiningFlame.
Beautiful!

feri_hearted said...

amazing work as always Storm.