Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ugh! And other thoughts...

Feeling gross...

Tummy started feeling badly last night while Chas and Daniel were away at Death Guild. So I got no sleep last night. Lots of cramps that make me want to hurl, but of course I don't cause that might actually make me feel better. ;) Was hoping it would be better today, but no... usually this takes about three days, or so.

On the bright side I met with our business accountant yesterday and got a training in how to keep track of my own books, which will save me a bundle. I have lots of paperwork to catch up on but I got a nice chunk done yesterday. Not as hard as I had thought. Hopefully I will get caught up in the next few days and then I will know more about how the business is actually doing.

On the other bright side my missing Wonder Woman comic arrived yesterday along with the current one... so I got a double dose of the Amazing Amazon. Ended one story arc and started another. Yay! The comic is really so good. I'm a little apprehensive as to how she will be interpreted in Joss Whedon's movie which is tentatively due out next summer. He says she wont be dressed in the flag or be able to fly, nor have an invisible plane. She should so be able to fly. And whereas I agree that her costume is... improbable... and should be re-thought... I really think it needs to keep the elements that have made her an icon. Only time will tell, I guess...

6 comments:

nullzeit said...

sorry you are still feeling ill:(
joss said they would have too if the invisible plan could be pulled off somehow. he never dismissed it all together. i told you that when i said he didn't want her to fly but she'll be able to do massive jumps or something. i don't think wonder woman flying is part of her icon status. the invisible plane is part of her. but flying on her own i never think of her doing.

0rko said...

Have faith in Joss...he won't mess it up. He's a fanboy and he knows what fanboys expect. Any liberties he takes with the mythology will come from a knowledgeable place, not a "lets cast Jessica Alba as Wonder Woman because she tracks well with the male 18-25 demographic" sort of place.

feri_drummer said...

Bummer about the illness, dude. I hope you feel better very soon.
Financial stuff makes my brain hurt. Kudos on your getting a handle on it.
I trust Joss, too. I am SO glad he is doing the film. If anyone can pull it off it will be Joss...if the studio leaves him the hell alone.
Feel better soon!

shlomarosenberg said...

Joss Whedon is SO going to fuck this up. "Hey, let's take everything cool about Wonder Woman and chuck it out the window."
Gee, and maybe there will be lots of sassy quips a la "Buffy," which are all fine and dandy on Buffy, but WAY beneath the Princess of the Amazons.

shlomarosenberg said...

Oh God what an asshole I am for not wishing you a refuah shelimah (Hebrew: speedy recovery).
And Nullzeit... Wonder Woman has been flying FOR YEARS!!!

iamthespark said...

Is it a stress kind of ill? Does this happen often? Take care of yourself!
I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.