Friday, August 25, 2006

Dreams, and Happiness

After having dreams all night about Buffy the Vampire Slayer (we are watching the series from the beginning with iamthespark who has never seen them before) I woke up this morning not with thoughts of television, but with a memory from when I worked at the metaphysical store years ago. A woman who was a regular customer came in and spoke to me one day, telling me that her husband was not "into any of this" (I guess meaning spirituality) as he was a successful corporate type person. He apparently tolerated her spiritual notions but regarded them as nothing more than a fanciful waste of time. On one occasion he accompanied her during one of her visits to the store and sat in one of the reading chairs near the front of the room while she did her shopping and chatted with the staff. At the end of this visit I spoke to her about something that for the life of me I can't remember; probably about some type of spell-working or meditative process, rang up her purchase and they were on their way. On a subsequent visit she told me that while her husband had always regarded "this stuff" as being worthless, his attitude began to change simply upon seeing how happy I was. "Obviously," he told her, "he must be doing something right."

Where do you find your happiness? What drives you and makes your life filled with joy? How do you cultivate happiness in your life and in the lives of those around you?

And if you can't think of something... what can you do right now (no matter how big or small) to bring some happiness for yourself or others into the world today?

1 comment:

gothicsquish said...

=)
I find happiness in nature, in my art and in the small things in the world around me.