Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So much craziness...

Hey! I got nudged! ;)

I've been really busy lately. For the past couple of weeks we've been getting our house ready for Scott (iamthespark) who will be staying with us for the next several months from Minnesota. We've been painting, cleaning (LOTS of cleaning) and generally beautifying our place so that his first impression would be a good one. Truth be told it's all stuff that we've been talking about doing for a long time, but this just gave us an opportunity to actually do it.

Here are some pictures of before and after. "Before" pics are what the house looked like when we bought it a little over three years ago. "After" is, well... now. ;)


Old view from when you enter the front door (sorta):


New (this is a more accurate view of entering the house):


Old view of stairs:


New:


Old Formal Living room (get a load of that teal leather!) The front door would be just to the left of this picture:


New:


Old Kitchen:


New:


Old Upstairs (Loft) Living Room:


and, finally the New view of the upstairs living room:




Right before Scott arrived with boyfriend in tow, Chas got a case of strep! Yuck! So I've been taking care of everything... him... the house... his mother... our business... my classes... trying to keep everything running smoothly until Chas can get better and I can have a break.

Scott's boyfriend Sean will be leaving on Thursday, but Scott will be staying (along with his dog) while he looks for a job and such. We've been trying to get him to come back to California for years and were rather surprised that it suddenly is happening. Surprised, but happy. He's to be staying in my temple room, 'cause we just don't have any other space for him. Luckily we can work it out so that it wont affect my classes, but I still wish I had a dedicated guest room. No matter how big a house you get, it's always one room shy, right? ;)

I've also been compiling the submissions for the latest edition of Witch Eye, which I am hoping will be available sometime in the next three weeks. There's some really good stuff that has been sent in this time. I'm really excited! I have also been working on some new art (paintings, mainly), some of which will make an appearance in the latest issue.

So... busy, busy, busy... but there's a break on the horizon. I'm hoping to be able to get back into the swing of things in the next few days. It largely depends on how soon Chas gets better, and whether or not his mom comes down with it. (She's on the fence right now, so keep your fingers crossed for us.)

20 comments:

technocowboy said...

Yay, good to hear from you!
You guys have SUCH the kickass house, and we need to visit again sometime. Or at least get together, whether it be at your place or ours. Let us know when you get un-busy and we can plan something.

lonespiritwolf2 said...

Scott's here?!?!?
Give him a HUGE hug for me. Hopefully we'll all be able to get together sometime. I would love to see you guys again. Love and miss you guys so much.

salacious_pop said...

Yay!! Hey there :)
OMG that place is fabulous. Great job!

f8 said...

Wow, the house looks great. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see you and Chas again. I miss the two of you, although I do appreciate all the live journal posts.

veedub said...

hestia loves you.

unibear said...

holly shit storm, NICE house
wow i am increadably jelous. :) anyhow good luck with your houseguest :) I am sure it will go fine

darkemoone said...

WOW! What a gorgeous home you guys have.

faerywolf said...

Scott's here! And he says hello! Come over and see him for yourself! :)

faerywolf said...

Thank you!
And I would love to have you guys over! When you are free?

faerywolf said...

Thank you! I love it. We found it on the web! The "before" pics are from the virutal tour that we took from before be bought it.

faerywolf said...

Visiting would be nice! Let's arrange something.

faerywolf said...

I love Hestia too. I used to have an eternal flame burning at my old apartment for her... I had re-lit the heater pilot light from a candle that had been burning from a ritual to her... but alas, no pilot light in this house that I know of and I'm weary of ever-burning candledge. Plus, I think she knows I love her. :)
I've been meaning to call you back... just been crazy busy... soon, though. I promise. :)

faerywolf said...

Thank you! :)

faerywolf said...

Thanks, dear. And don't be jealous... it's way out in Antioch which is why we were able to afford this place. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll talk to the husband, but Saturday afternoon/evening or all day Sunday should be good for us. I know he wants to see you guys as much as I do. :D

veedub said...

i figured.
great response to the leather-whips-and-clips-and-chains thread on the list, btw. you are SUCH a diplomat!!
honestly, just because i am a feri does not make everything i do feri...
and there's a big difference between one's individual will and one's True Will. the first is from Fetch and the latter from Godself. yet another reason to be careful about denigrating Talker, at least if you intend to live in the world as an adult and not as an overgrown three-year-old.

luneeboy said...

Nice to see a post from you!! :) Very beautiful home you have.. now and then i'd think!! Hope Chas gets better!! Good vibs from me!! And ::hugs:: To you!! Good to rede things are going well for you all!!! :)

faerywolf said...

This weekend is if-y just because Chas is still sick... but I will let you know. Would next weekend work for you? When are you guys moving?

feri_drummer said...

OK. I officially lust after your house. I'm tempted to move to your city and become a your friend so I can visit it.
chuckle
Thank you for sharing.

iamthespark said...

Yes, yes, yes! Please do come and say, 'hi!' I need to meet the hubby and give you a hug before you guys leave.
The house is amazing, isn't it? I might have to stay here!