Saturday, October 16, 2004

What a difference a day makes...

Well… I took a “mental health day” yesterday, which in my current living and business situation pretty much means that I spent the day doing as little as possible… preferring instead to play video games with Daniel, and listen to music and watch television.

It really was something that I have needed for awhile, although I didn’t know that beforehand. I really was kinda going crazy with some unresolved relationship issues that I had been largely keeping to myself. This was also probably exasperated by the fact that I seem to have made myself sick by a recent descent into self-destructive behavior in the form of smoking clove cigarettes. Now I have a cough and have lost my voice! Oh well… no biggie. I’ll try talking less and listening more. J

It’s funny (in a weird sort of way) but those problems that seemed so huge and crazy-inducing just a few days ago don’t seem all that large now. I’d like to say ‘I’m sorry’ to my boys who had to take a whirl on my Piscean emotional rollercoaster, and also say a big ‘thank you’ for still being willing to ride, even when it’s not such a fun thing to do.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming…

2 comments:

iamthespark said...

Glad you're feeling better!
It's interesting to read that you've been smoking clove cigarettes lately. For about 2 or 3 weeks now, I've really been craving a clove cigarette. I've contemplated sneaking out to buy a pack or stopping in a tobacco shop on my way about my usual routines. Alas, I have not found a tobacco shop on my way about my usual routines. Usually when I start craving a cigarette, it's a menthol. This time it's clove. My smoking cravings don't come too often, either. I probably smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes in a year. I'll let you know if I find a good clove one to smoke... Ah, flavor country!

faerywolf said...

Don't do it! It totally fucked me up!!
I knew I shouldn't do it... I even had a dream about them the night before I went out and bought them as a precursor to going out dancing at a goth club in San Francisco (I had smelled then the week before and so the craving began...) I had about 3 that night... I know... pretty stupid... and maybe two the next day... now I am mostly without a voice and have an annoying occasional cough.
So, kids... DON'T SMOKE.
And cut your hair.
And get a job. ;)