Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Update

I have posted a new essay on my site: How To Dispel a Curse

...and for those interested, I have also updated my class schedule. This Summer I will be offering a 2-year foundational class in the Feri tradition of Witchcraft.

Level One:
2 Year class to begin
Summer 2005
(Exact dates to be determined based on student availability.)

$60-120 per quarter, sliding scale*

Class size is limited.
A non-refundable deposit of $60 required to hold your space.

Classes will meet twice per month,
lasting approx. 3-4 hours per session.

    This foundational class deals with the establishment of a basic Feri spiritual practice.

    Covered topics include:

    • History of the Tradition
    • Meditation
    • Working with Energy
    • Cleansing/Kala
    • Aligning the Three Souls
    • Basic Feri Ritual
    • The Iron and Pearl Pentacles
    • The Black Heart of Innocence
    • The Elements of Feri
    • Working Tools
    • The Guardians
    • The Divine Twins
    • The Infinitum (Gods of the Feri Lemniscate)
    Classes are held in my private home in Antioch, CA.
     
    To enroll, send an application
    along with a cover letter and SASE to:

Faerywolf
PO Box 3736
Antioch, CA 94531

Applicants will be contacted to set-up an interview.

For more information about my other Feri Classes,
please send me an email or write to the address above.
Be sure to include a SASE if you require a reply.

* Based on your situation, work-trade is also available.

3 comments:

mystfemme said...

*That* is the Faery Star I wanted as my tattoo. I like the one I got but should have taken in a picture of this one. I asked for the rainbow of colors, one color fading/blending into the next. It turned out pretty, but what's on this page is what I'd had in mind. Beautiful work.
Hope you have a fabulous class!

iamthespark said...

Cool ritual! I may need to use it...
Wouldn't I need to disperse the circle before leaving to dispose of the bundle, though? Isn't it bad to leave the circle once it has been invoked without dispersing it first?
Thank you Storm!

faerywolf said...

It depends on your beliefs... In Feri we rarely cast circles anyway and when we do it is usually only to either unify a groups' energies, or to more "formalize" a working. In this instance the working changes location toward the end, so it is necessary to leave but still "carry" the ritual energy/perspective with you. This is why the circle isn't dispersed until the end of the rite. In this way the ritual has both a formal opening and a formal closing. I personally don't believe that simply leaving a circle causes it to disperse or to otherwise lose power or function... especially if it is done in a "ritual mindset". Now if I were continually leaving the circle and coming back, for say, snacks, then that changes the power somewhat. ;) But with this type of thing, adapt the ritual to better suit your own understanding of magickal mechanics.