Monday, September 01, 2008

Our Wedding

This past Saturday I had the tremendous honor of handfasting and legally marrying Chas, my partner of over 15 years. While we have been married in our hearts for most of that time, it was a very moving experience for me. I got all teary-eyed during the ceremony, which I didn't expect.

I am so very grateful to those who came to witness our ceremony, and to those who played an active role in defining it. To Thorn (yezida), Morpheus (heartssdesire), Mitchell, and Jose for calling in an element... thank you. You helped t make the ceremony exactly what we wanted and needed, as you each spoke from your hearts and that means more to us than we can express.

To Anaar (anaar) who officiated the rite, bringing all the elements to center and tying our handfasting cord: Thank you so much. You were the first person to come to mind when we talked about having someone perform the ceremony and we are both so honored that you did this for us. I am proud to call you a sister and a friend.

And to everyone who came to witness and to have a slice of our Black Heart Cake... thank you. You all made this day extra special for us. I am honored to know each and every one of you and to call you friends.

My mom and sister prepared an impressive spread of food which included smoked salmon bruschetta, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, beet and goat cheese turines, spinach dip, seviche, little caprese salad balls, watermelon-strawberry-mint salad, Swedish meatballs, lamb sausages, assorted fruits, nuts, Humboldt Fog (our favorite cheese) and a bunch of stuff I can't even think of right now. It was beautiful, and I hope someone got some pictures of the buffet table.

The cake was a three-layer heart cake, red-velvet with a layer of raspberry, covered with a dark chocolate/raspberry chambord ganache... decorated with flowers, and topped with blue roses... and made entirely by my very talented sister. And because I'm such a little kid I had to have ice cream with my cake... white chocolate raspberry truffle. :)

There were like a million bottles of champagne of which I had way too many glasses. :-/ I think I smoked a couple of cigarettes in there somewhere but it's hazy. ;) The next day I rested. And drank lots of water. ;)

It was such a beautiful day! I'm still flying high!

And now... some pictures (more will come after we get the disposable cameras developed):

Pictures (EDIT: You have to log-in to Flickr to see them because apparently I am a "loose cannon", according to them.) ;)

and VeeDub posted some, too:

VeeDub's Pictures

EDIT: Onyx posted even more pics.

Our Vows:

With silver ring,
In a circle of our friends...
To you I pledge my heart,
To you I pledge my soul,
To you I pledge my life,
For now, and for always,
I do.

40 comments:

kerrickadrian said...

Every blessing to you both, and all who helped make this happen.

veedub said...

squeeeeeeee!!!!!!

morrigandaughtr said...

Congratulations!

ex_miserico said...

Huge congrats!

apocalypso23 said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! :D

ocymvio said...

I love your pictures and my mouth is still watering from your raspberry chocolate descriptions. It looked like a perfect day. Congratulations.

makeda55 said...

Congratulations to you both! Even the pictures were joyous!

thehotpinkheat said...

many blessings on your happy union!

nightofdragons said...

Blessings and congratulations to you both! I'm so happy to hear that you are officially married.
I'm also put out that you didn't invite us to be there after you said you would. :-P
To many more happily married years for you. Love you!

puckdecoyote said...

I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I am so happy for you guys! Much love.

yezida said...

It was a great day! Thanks for sharing it.

epinoid said...

Congratulations!!!!

warjustice said...

Sounds Wonderful! Congrats!-Edge

grey_twolf said...

Congratulations!

mystfemme said...

Much happiness to you both!

faerywolf said...

My apologies to you both... not only was I going crazy and so I forgot... we ended up just keeping it local. It was quite small, as weddings go.

kenllama said...

congratulations, storm. i'm excited and delighted for you, and glad that you got to celebrate with such a marvelous crowd!

stiobhanrune said...

CONGRATS!!
I give these blessings three:
Gebo to gift your bond with strength.
Berkana to charm your lives with fortune.
Wunjo to grant you your hearts' desires, so long as you are together.
So Mote It Be.

stiobhanrune said...

*chuckles*
Don't let him get away with that. We had as much crap going on with our wedding that we had just as much trouble. He knows better than to be all bitchy about it!
*winks*

garan_du said...

Congratulations to you both! Here's to hearing more and more gay couples proudly proclaiming "Just Married" in the future.

anaar said...

The honor was entirely mine.
But I'm still getting over the party, oooooh my head.

swansister said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day and a joyous ceremony.
Congratulations!
With Love,
Swan

mrj15 said...

Congratulations and best wishes!
Love Michele

queenofhalves said...

felicitations! :D

127fascination said...

More photos here:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566185890txOuKU

heartssdesire said...

You guys were so sweet. I'm beyond happy for you. And the cake rocked my socks.
You know, when I was driving away I found myself thinking about my uncle. He was a gay man who had a long term partner of something like 15 or 20 years, and who I imagine he would have married if he'd been able. And I was thinking that I wish he had lived long enough to see the time when we would finally come to our senses and restore that right to him. So, your wedding touched me that way too, not just in happiness on your behalf, but also a wistful sense of giving him something he never got to have in life. If that makes sense.
Plus it was great to see you. I never do get enough chances to hang out with you. :)

nytemuse said...

Felicitations & congrats :) Was thinking of you two on Saturday, wishing I could've been there to celebrate the happy occasion.
I'll just have to deliver my congrats in person next time I visit the store *wink*

royalbananafish said...

I got the tingles reading this. Congratulations and a multitude of blessings to both of you!

anatketani said...

Congratulations to you both! It looked like an amazing day and I am thrilled for you two that you got to have it, with all the lovely food and surrounded by people who love you.
I also x-posted this to the witcheye list, but on closer inspection of the pictures of you and Chas holding flute glasses, there are two orbs, one by his forehead and one by your jaw. *grins* Looks like there was lots of energy floating around!!!
Amy :)

berk1973 said...

Congratulations to both of you!!! May you have blessed marriage full of happiness, love, laughter, companionship and health for years and years and years!

revhyperion said...

Congratulations on your blessed union! I really wish that Ryan and I could have been there to celebrate with you both, but we'll make up for it when we come up to visit for Folsom. Deal?
Did you guys register somewhere? If so, where?
Love, hugs, blessings and many kisses to you both!

unibear said...

WOW congrats
I am very sorry to have missed this, somehow i was unaware that you were doing this. I feel compleately clueless and lame now,I soo would have ben there. Congraduations I am very glad everything went well.
Hugs to both

dbananza said...

once again i say:
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
and thank you for taking mi hijos in!!

baalbuster said...

Congrats! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

seagull42 said...

Congratulations and Blessings!

tinuviel13 said...

May you be blessed with joy and happiness always. Thanks for sharing pictures. I felt like I was there with you! You are both fabulous!
Kat

nightshade_feri said...

Dear Storm and Chas,
Congratulations and blessings on your wedding! May you continue to have many long, happy years together. Best wishes, *deadly*nightshade

culfinglin said...

Congratulations! Veedub's photos were awesome -- you both just radiate joy. :)

nightofdragons said...

Re: *chuckles*
LOL. Mostly I just wanted to be there and support you guys.
...
And I was jealous of the food. Man that sounded awesome.

cariadusclan said...

blessings and congrats to you both! fabulous pix! btw, my dw and i were in your store today (our first time! it'a a loely place) with our divine twins picking out wedding rings for our 9/19 nuptials (our kids picked out rings for themselves, too--toe rings, in fact, for their itty bitty 4-y.o. fingers!)