Saturday, September 22, 2007

Goodbye Esmeralda...

Alice Ghostley died yesterday. You may remember her from her character of "Esmeralda" on the TV show Bewitched.



I have such a soft-spot for the cast of that show, as they were my first exposure to witchcraft and were directly responsible for me pursuing that path. (When I was two years old I told my mother that I was going to be a witch, and I doubt that it had much to do with the Horned God and the Goddess of the moon at that age!)

Good bye, Alice! You will be missed!

4 comments:

thorn_plutonius said...

If Allice is a Goddess, her male counter part is Paul Lynde.
honoring her passing and her life

anatketani said...

She was also in the movie Grease. She played their auto shop teacher. :)She will be missed. Bewitched wouldn't have been the same without her.

swansister said...

Thanks, I hadn't heard about her passing.
I also loved Bewitched as a child. I have the first few seasons on DVD... Occasionally, I'll make a weekend of watching them all.
Swan

soulfire6 said...

My favorite too
Like you, Bewitched was also directly responsible for piquing my interest in Witchcraft, when I was four years old. It was my mother's favorite show and mine (still is). My mother used to doodle a stick-figure "Samantha" riding her broom, and I would copy her drawing onto my yearly Halloween pictures in art class. My classmates loved it, and pretty soon I was drawing Samantha on everybody else's picture too! ;) Jim and I still regularly watch Bewitched on DVD. As soon as a new season comes out, we buy it. We just finished watching season 5.
P.S. I also remember Alice from Grease.